2023 Cars for Charities Rod and Custom Car Show
Convention Hall, Exhibition Hall, and Expo Hall
The Cars for Charities Rod & Custom Car Show is one of the longest running indoor car shows in the country. The show first started in 1957 by car builder Darryl Starbird. In 2011, the show was purchased by Cars for Charities Co. a 501(c)(3) organization and transformed the car show into a charity event. 2023 will be the 66th consecutive year this show has been held in Wichita and it has indeed become a “Wichita Tradition Since 1957."
The show features top show cars from around the country, vendor exhibits and live entertainment with literally hundreds of volunteers. All proceeds of the car show go to two local charities, AbilityPoint and Starkey.
How do I enter my vehicle?
Check out the vehicle entry forms here.
How do I become a vendor?
Check out the vendor reservation form here.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Check out the volunteer sign-up form here.
What is the Magnificent 7 Competition?
This is the premier event of the Cars for Charities Rod & Custom Charities Car Show. The goal of the Magnificent 7 competition is to showcase the best and most outstanding vehicles shown for the first time in Wichita. $17,000 in cash and trophies will be awarded to the winning vehicles in this competition. All Mag 7 Finalists receive $1,000 and the Mag 7 Winner receives a total of $11,000. In addition to cash and trophies, Magnificent 7 owners will be treated to an array of special events throughout the weekend.
- To qualify, your vehicle will be shown for the first time in Sedgwick County, Kansas. If you have shown your vehicle at any show, big or small, in Sedgwick County, you are not qualified to compete.
- Magnificent 7 entries will move into Century II Convention Center first and will be featured in the most prominent locations. A specific move-in time will be given to each vehicle owner prior to the show.
- Gas money – IRS standard mileage rate, one way, will be paid to all qualified entries with pre-acceptance letter (excluding motorcycles) traveling over 200 miles one way, up to a maximum of 1,000 miles. All gas money will be paid at show office during the show. No payments made after show.
- Discount room packages will be available at the Hyatt Hotel, which is attached to the Century II Convention Center.
- Magnificent 7 presenters and a companion are invited to attend “Cocktails & Chrome”, a private party exclusively for those presenting Magnificent 7 entries Thursday evening, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. This event is held in the Century II Exhibition Hall Balcony and features food, drinks and the opportunity to mingle with other Magnificent 7 participants, sponsors and Cars for Charities Directors.
- Magnificent 7 owners and companions are invited to a complimentary Magnificent 7 ceremony breakfast on Saturday at 8 a.m. in the adjacent Hyatt Ballroom. The finalists of the Magnificent 7 competition will be announced at the breakfast.
- Winners of the Magnificent 7 competition will be announced at the awards ceremony held in Exhibition Hall on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
Interested? Fill out the entry form here.